In 1878, a group of devoted men and women organized what is now Grace Reformed Episcopal Church. It was one of the early members of the newly formed Reformed Episcopal Church. In large part, this church was formed as a ministry to the newly freed slaves who were not allowed to be trained as ministers in the Protestant Episcopal Church. Under the leadership of Rev. Frank C. Ferguson and Rev. Peter F. Stevens (who also served as the first bishop of the church), the Reformed Episcopal Church was established.
Over 130 years later, Grace Reformed Episcopal Church still stands among 31 other churches that constitute the Diocese of the Southeast of the Reformed Episcopal Church. It serves as a beacon in the community of Moncks Corner, SC and is in the midst of revitalization. The anchors of community service, radical love and dynamic worship continues to thrive at Grace.